Today on Tip Tuesday, I want to share with you a natural way to remove waterproof mascara. This method of removing mascara is so gentle on your eyelashes and it does not contain all the harmful and harsh chemicals that you get from a name brand eye makeup remover at the drugstore. Not only is it gentle, but also it is healthy for your eyelashes.
Olive oil and almond oil is good for your lashes, because it helps your lashes to grow and acts as a conditioner to your lashes. The oils helps to breakdown the waterproof properties in your mascara, helping it slide off your lashes with just a few swipes. Using oils like these, won’t sting the eyes either, which is a mojor plus, because I hate that feeling especially if you are a contact lense wearer like I am.
1) On a cotton pad, saturate a decent amount of the oil of your choice.
2) Close your eyes and place the cotton pad underneath your lashes. Gently apply pressure to lashes so that the underside of the lashes pressed against the soaked pad.
3) Hold the lashes for 10 to 20 seconds to allow the oil to dissolve the mascara.
4) Gently swipe your lashes with the pad until all the mascara slides off.
You can also do this using your fingertips:
1) Apply a little drop of oil to your fingers, and rub your lashes between your index finger and thumb.
2) Wash your face afterwards with a gentle facial cleanser.
I hope everyone’s day is going well so far and thanks for reading!XOXO