[Photos via istock]
Welcome back to another week of Tip Tuesday. On today’s post, we’ll be talking about our under eyes. Yes, I’m referring to those dark rings under our eyes. A lot of women (and guys too) do battle with dark circles at least once, or more in their entire life. I used to be proud of myself for not having any dark under eyes, but as I get older I realized that I am starting to have a little bit of discoloration under the eyes, and sometimes I could even see some veins peeping through the skin. Of course, like every other girl would do is to try covering it up with makeup. But still, it won’t be fully concealed. So what causes dark circles under our eyes?
First of, dark circles are caused by excessive stress,inadequate sleep, lack of proper diet and from continuous exposure on the computer. And if you’re someone who could sleep 23 hours a day for a whole year and still have dark circles, it’s probably due to hereditary. But, don’t worry, I’ll share some home remedy tricks that could help with the appearance of dark circles.
I’m sure you heard of this method. Why use tea bags? That’s because, there are high amount of caffeine in black tea and also green tea. What caffeine does is that it helps to shrink blood vessels around the eyes, thus reducing puffiness and discoloration under your eyes. Other than caffeine and other beneficial antioxidants, it also contains Tannis. Tannis helps to stimulate healthy blood circulation, and it soothes and tightens the skin in that area.
How you do it:
- Dip tea bags in water and refrigerate for a few minutes.
- Place the cold tea bags on your eyes for 15 minutes and wash your face after, and you’re eyes would feel totally refreshed.
Yup, cucumbers! Not only are they good for dipping in hummus (who else does this? ;-)), they are often use on the eyes to reduce dark circles. Cucumbers have anti-inflammatory effect that helps to reduce puffiness. Due to it’s high water content, it hydrates the skin and the cool temperature decreases the flow of blood to the eye area.
How you do it:
- Using fresh cucumbers, cut thick slices and put it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Leave it on your eyes for 15 minutes.
- While waiting, do your weekly face mask routine that way you’ll have a full spa-like experience. (highly recommended!)
Last home remedy trick that I’ll be sharing with you is to use cold milk. Milk contains fats and proteins that helps to moisturize the skin. It also helps to improve firmness and smoothness of your skin.
How you do it:
- Pour cold milk in a bowl.
- Using cotton balls, dip a cotton ball into the milk, and place it under the eyes, undisturbed for 15 minutes.
- Wash your face with water when you’re done.
Easy right? All of these things you probably already have, so take 15 minutes off your day and treat yourself to some relaxing skin pick-me-up, and I assure you that you’ll feel great the rest of the day. I hope you like this week’s tip Tuesday’s post, and as always thanks for reading loves!XOXO ❤
FOLLOW ME! ❤