I have a makeup look that I wanted to share with you guys today. As I was getting ready this morning, I decided to pound on a bunch of makeup on my face because I have not worn any makeup for about a week, so I thought why not get crazy! Haha! I wanted to do a daytime smokey eye look without any black or dark shadow on the outer corners, so I used a reddish brown shadow on my outer corners, and in the crease to tie the look together.
Here are the steps:
- For this look, I used the Naked 2 palette and used the color Chopper on my entire eyelid. To blend Chopper out, I used a medium brown eye shadow (I used Buck from the original Naked palette but any medium brown shadow will do) all over the crease.
- Then with a clean blending brush, just blend out the colors together until it look seamless.
- For my outer corner, I used Colourpop’s Bandit shadow to darken the outer corners and bring the color in till mid crease. This shadow is the perfect shade for the look I am achieving because it has a rusty brown undertones to it, which blends in perfectly with the copper shadow that I have on the lids.
- With the same clean blending brush, brush off any shadows that might still be on the bristles, and blend out the rusty brown shadow so it merge nicely with the other shadows.
- At this point, I added more of Chopper on the lid, because some of the color disappeared during all the blending.
- I wanted to wear eyeliner, but don’t want like a super winged out liner since I was going for a daytime smokey look. So, I used a black pencil liner from Smashbox and apply it as close to the lash line as possible and blend it out with a smudge brush or a pencil brush.
- For the lower lash line, I used the shade Snakebite and blend it out with the shade Tease from the palette.
- I used the shade Foxy as my brow bone highlight, and Bootycall to highlight the inner corners of the eyes.
- To finish off the look, I apply a couple coats of mascara to the top and bottom lashes with my all time favorite Loreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara.
For the rest of my face:
- Laura Geller Spackle Mattifying Under Makeup Primer
- Makeup Forever HD Foundation (Shade 153)
- BareMinerals bareSkin Complete Coverage Serum Concealer (Medium) to conceal and highlight.
- Coty Airpsun Loose Powder (Translucent) to set and bake concealer under the eyes
- Kat VonD Shade and Light Palette to bronze and contour
- Kat VonD Blush in Wish
- Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder (shade 01 Golden Nude)
- Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray
- Loreal Brow Stylist Definer (Brunette) to outline and fill in outer brow
- BH Cosmetics Studio Pro Ultimate Brow Palette (1st row, 3rd color from the left) to fill in the rest of the brows
- Loreal Brow Stylist Plumper Gel Mascara (Medium/Dark)
- Wet and Wild MegaLast Lip Color (902c Bare it All)
I hope you like this day time smokey look I created. And as always, thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog and have a good weekend buttercups!XOXO ❤