I can’t believe that summer is almost over you guys! Seriously, how did 3 months passed so quickly? Honestly, I am a little bit disappointed that I didn’t take advantage of summer. Yes I did go to the pool and all, and went to beach last week, but I wished we had done a lot more fun outdoorsy stuff. That’s okay though! Before summer is truly over, I want to share a sultry summer time makeup look that you can wear out for date nights with your boo. I chose a cool tone bronze, with a matte taupe mauve in the crease and a matte black on the outer corners. It’s not a sultry look if you don’t use black, am I right? Ha! You can create this look anytime of the year, and not just in the summer. I know I’ve done a lot of bronzy looks lately because that’s just what I prefer for this warmer weather, and I also wanted to use the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette again which is my go to eye palette right now.
Here are the steps:
- First and foremost, you need, need, need to prime your eyelids especially in the summer time to prevent any creasing of eye shadows. I used my trusty Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original.
- I took the shade Foxy from the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette and set the primer with it.
- Using a synthetic flat shader brush, I used the shade Snakebite and apply the shadow all over my lid, taking it up past the crease a tiny bit. With a clean blending brush, brush the edges of that shade until there are no visible harsh lines.
- Using a denser and more tapered blending brush, dip the brush into the shade Tease and blend the color in the crease so that Snakebite and Tease will look seamless together.
- With a pencil brush or an even smaller blending brush, dip the brush into the shade Blackout and apply it just on the outer corners.
- Using the same blending brush that you use for the crease color, dip it into Tease again and blend out the black on the outer corners so you don’t have any harsh lines.
- With the clean blending brush that you used to blend the lid color, blend all the colors together so it look seamless and blended in.
- Using your ring finger, dip into the shade Suspect and apply it just on the center of the lids.
- Apply eyeliner. I used the Stila Stay All Day waterproof liquid liner in jet black.
- This step, if you’re into lashes, you can apply your lashes or if you’re a non lash gal like me, I applied tons of mascara to create a more dramatic eyes. As always, my favorite mascara ever is the Loreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara.
- To finish off the eyes, used any black eyeliner pencil on the lower lash line and waterline. Using Tease again to blend out the black liner and apply mascara on lower lash line. Using Bootycall , apply the shimmery color to your inner tear duct to brighten up the eyes.
And as for the rest of the face:
- Laura Geller Spackle Mattifying Under Makeup Primer
- Loreal Infallible Pro Matte Foundation in shade 107
- Bare Minerals Complete Coverage Serum Concealer in Medium
- Coty Airspun Translucent Powder to set and bake concealer
- MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Medium +
- Kat Von D Shade and Light Palette to bronze and contour
- Wet and Wild Color Icon Blush in Rose Champagne
- Becca Cosmetics highlight in Opal
- Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray
- Wet and Wild MegaLast Lip Color in Bare it All 902c
- MAC Cosmetics lip pencil in Soar to outline my lips
I hope you like this makeup look! I know, I’ve been using the same palette over and over again. It’s time for me to try out something new so I could do more makeup looks with it. Leave in the comment section below what are some of your favorites eye palettes so I could check it out! Thanks for reading lovelies!XOXO ❤