Words to live by. One of the many things that make me happy is spending some quiet time in the afternoon doing nothing. Yes, doing nothing. I have all of these “to-do list” in my head, my planner, and on the fridge that sometimes things can get a little too overwhelming. We spent so much time on our phones and computers that I usually leave my phone upstairs in the office or in my bedroom when I’m having my “me time”. My definition of doing nothing means sitting on the couch with a cup of tea (sometimes a second cup of coffee), doing some light reading, and enjoying some homemade banana bread. Not all the time would I have the luxury to bake homemade goodies, but when I do, I love to indulge. 🙂
Speaking of banana bread, I’ve been using this recipe that I found on the internet years and years ago and keep going back to it because it’s so easy to make, and it’s so soft and moist that I could eat like two slices at once. Hey, don’t judge! I love my food and I love to eat, so you do you boo!
Here’s the recipe if you want to give it a try!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (can use white sugar if that’s what you have)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups riped bananas (already mashed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees ( 175 degrees celsius)
- In a bowl, mixed all the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda and salt) together and put it aside.
- Next, cream together the sugar and butter. Once it’s like a cream consistency, add the eggs and mashed bananas until it’s well blended.
- Using a spatula, pour the wet mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix it until everything is well blended together.
- Pour the mixture into a greased loaf pan (I used the standard size 9″x5″ loaf pan), and bake it in the preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean. Let the bread cool for 10 minutes, and dig in!
I hope you give this super simple and delicious recipe a try. Thanks for reading!!XOXO ❤