Happy first day of September! I have a fall makeup look for you guys today, and I know it’s still too early to be posting fall makeup looks, but I am just too excited! Haha! Hey, at least I waited till September to do one, since fall is just around the corner.
I was feeling very creative that day and wanted to do something bold and smokey, so I came up with this look. I used rich brown tones and a pop of sage green on the eyes, and a muted mauve brown tones on the lips, and can we address the fact that I am wearing false lashes for this look? Hahaha! I never wear false lashes (and don’t know how to wear false lashes), and because this look is so dramatic, I just had too! Yay for effort!
You’ll be happy to know that I used all drugstore, and affordable products for this look, so if you want to try to recreate it, you can get some of these products at your local drugstore! A lot of the products I used in this makeup look are pretty much new from the drugstore, like the foundation I’m wearing, which I will be doing a review on soon.
Here are the steps:
- Prime your eyelids as always. I don’t have a drugstore eye primer so I used the Maybelline Better Skin Concealer as my primer and set it with Coty Airspun loose powder.
- Using tape, I tape the outer corners of my eyelids to get that crisp straight line (like in the picture). I used Makeup Geek (MUG) eye shadow in Creme Brulee for my transition shade. If you don’t have any MUG eye shadows, any soft brown shadow you have will work too.
- Using Frappe from MUG (or any brown with a reddish undertone), and with a tapered blending brush, I applied the color on my crease, bringing the color halfway into the lid and blend into Creme Brulee.
- To create that “cut crease”, I used Loreal Infallible eyeshadow in the shade Bottomless Java and with a dense angle brush, trace a line from the middle of your crease till wear the tape end, and flick the line out a little when you reached the tape. You have to constantly dip your brush into the eye shadow to get the intensity you want.
- With the same tapered blending brush you used for Frappe, brush off any remaining product on a tissue paper and blend the edges of Bottomless Java until there are no harsh lines.
- Using a synthetic shader brush, dip the brush into Golden Sage from Loreal and apply it to the rest of your eyelid. Make sure that the color does not go past up the “cut crease” you just created.
- With a clean and denser blending brush, blend Golden Sage into Bottomless Java or until no visible harsh lines and everything look seamless.
- Apply eyeliner. I used Maybelline Gel Liner in Blackest Black.
- For mascara, I used the new Maybelline Colossal Spider Effect mascara and apply Red Cherry lashes #48. Any lashes you have in hand will do too.
- I used MUG Vanilla Bean as my brow bone and inner corner highlight. I also add a bit of Wet and Wild highlight on my inner corners.
- For the lower lash line, I apply Bottomless Java halfway on the lower lashes, and blend it out with MUG Frappe. I also used Rimmel ScandalEyes waterproof liner in Nude on the waterline.
- Don’t forget to apply mascara on your lower lashes too, which I forgot to do.
For the rest of the face:
- Nivea men post shave balm (sensitive skin) for my primer
- Loreal Pro Glow Foundation (shade 208) *NEW*
- Maybelline Superstay Better Skin Concealer (light-medium) to highlight my face *NEW*
- Coty Airpsun Loose Powder to bake under the eyes
- Loreal True Match Powder (w4) to set the rest of my face
- Wet and Wild Contouring Palette (Caramel Toffee) contour shade to bronze up the face *NEW*
- NYX Baked Blush (Foreplay) *NEW*
- Wet and Wild Shimmer Palette (I’ll Have A Cosmo) for highlight *NEW FAVORITE HIGHLIGHT*
- Loreal Brow Stylist Definer (dark brunette)
- Loreal Brow Stylist Plumper brow gel mascara (medium to dark)
- Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip in Bumble
I hope you like this makeup look. Let me know if there’s any makeup product that I mention in this post that you want me to do a review on other than the foundation I used in this makeup look.
Thanks for reading!XOXO ❤