Hope everyone had a great weekend! I know I did. That’s because I stayed in all weekend and did nothing, while enjoying the nice crisp fall weather. I’m so happy that the weather is starting to cool off, and I’m wearing nice cozy knits again around the house, while drinking hot chocolate. Heeh!
I did another fall inspired makeup look. I’ve been really into the color mauve this season. Actually, no! I’ve been into the color mauve since summer. It’s such a beautiful and feminine shade that everyone can rock this color. It’s a perfect transitional color too because you can wear this shade with your blacks and grays and you’ll be set for the season. And of course I had to do a makeup look with this color palette, because if I can wear this color on my body, I can wear it on my face too!
For this look, I used the Coastal Scents Revealed 2 palette. Some say that this palette is comparable to the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. I can see why, because this palette has some rose gold shades just like the Naked 3 palette, but so much more affordable. Another good and affordable alternative is the Maybelline The Blushed Nudes palette. It does have the mauve and rose gold shades just like the other 2 palettes as well.
Here’s how I do it:
- Apply primer as a base for your eyelids. I use the original UDPP.
- I used a matte off white shade (2nd from the left) to set my entire eyelid before I go in with a crease color. For crease color, I picked a light mauve shade (6th from left) and apply it all over my crease and I brought the color down mid way onto my lids.
- To deepened up the crease color, I used a darker mauve shade (1st color on the bottom row) and applied it right on the crease with a denser buffing brush.
- To darkened up the look a little bit, I used a dark brownish purple shade (bottom row, 3rd from the left) and applied it just on my outer corner to achieve a subtle smokey effect.
- For my lid color, I went for a light mauve shimmery shade (1st row, 3rd from right). Since all the shades we used were matte, I wanted to add a bit of shimmer to the look.
- To finish the eye look, I did a winged liner (Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen in Blackest Black) and apply tons of mascara (my trusty Loreal carbon Black Mascara).
- For the lower lash line, I used the Smashbox Always Sharp Waterproof Kohl liner in Raven on my waterline, and using the same dark shade we used on the outer corner to smudge the liner out. I also applied the darker crease color to blend the lower lash line so everything would look seamless.
For the rest of the look:
- Loreal Infallible Pro Glow Foundation (208)
- Urban Decay Naked Skin concealer (medium neutral) to highlight under the eyes
- MAC Prep + Prime (light boost) to highlight tops of cheek bones, bridge of the nose and chin
- Kat Von D Shade + Light palette (lyric to set under eye concealer and shadowplay to contour and bronze the skin)
- Wet & Wild Coloricon Blush (Rose Champagne)
- Becca Cosmetics (Champagne Pop) for my highlight
- Loreal Brow Stylist Definier (Dark Brunette)
- Loreal Brow Stylist Plumper Mascara Gel (Medium to Dark)
- MAC lip liner in Soar as my overall lip color.
I hope you like this makeup look, and have a great Tuesday love bugs!
Thanks for reading!XOXO ❤
**This post is not sponsored by Coastal Scents**