Can’t believe that Christmas is around the corner! Are you all done with your Xmas shopping? I did all of mine during the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales, and boy do they have tons of amazing sales. The Mister is silently having a heart attack by all the packages I’ve been receiving this past week. But, that’s okay because I did get a lot of good gifts for friends, family and my special human! Ha!
For today’s post, I have a makeup look for you guys! It’s a holiday glam look, perfect for the holiday and all the holiday parties that you’ll be going to this month. It’s a soft gold smoky eye look, with deep burgundy lips. This look was actually inspired by one of the photos I came across while I was on Pinterest, and I thought it would be fun to recreate the look for this holiday. For this look, I used the Lorac Pro Palette for my eyes, and use mostly non drugstore products too. Of course, you don’t have to use the exact products I’m using, so use whatever you have in your collection.
P.s I did realize that my eyelashes are not glued on properly even after fixing it twice, but the lashes just aren’t cooperating with me today!
Here are the steps:
- I start by priming my eyelids every time before I put any eyeshadow. I used my trustee Urban Decay Original Primer Potion all over my lids.
- The first shade I use from the palette is Taupe (light brown shadow), and this is going to be my transition color. With a large fluffy brush, apply the color all over the crease in windshield wiper motion. It’s okay if you get some of the color on your lids.
- Next, with a small synthetic shader brush, dip your brush into the shade Gold and apply it all over your eyelids. Keep packing on the color until you get the intensity you desire.
- With a smaller and denser blending brush, dip the brush into that transition shade Taupe, and blend out any harsh lines from when you apply the lid color. It’s fine if you brush some of the lid color off, because you could always packed on more of that Gold shade on your lids once all the blending is done.
- Using an even smaller and dense blending brush, dip into the color Espresso or any dark brown shadow and apply the color on the outer “v”. Keep adding more color until you get the darkness you want. This will create the soft smoky effect, while still looking dramatic.
- With the same brush you use to blend out the lid color, blend any harsh edges on the outer “v”, that way all the colors look well blended together.
- I use a matte Cream shadow to highlight under my brows, and the color Nude (sparkly champagne shade) for my inner corners.
- Apply your favorite eyeliner, mascara and lashes and the eyes are done.
For the rest of the look:
- Benefit Porefessional Face Primer
- Makeup Forever HD Foundation (128)
- Urban Decay Naked Concealer (medium) to concealer redness and dark spots on my face
- BareMinerals Complete Coverage Serum Concealer (light) to highlight under my eyes, chin and forehead.
- Coty Airspun Loose Powder to bake under the eyes
- MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural (medium plus) to set the rest of my face
- MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural (Give Me Sun) to bronze the face
- Too Faced Chocolate Soleil (medium/deep) to contour
- Kat Von D Blush (Wish) as my blush color
- ABH Glow Kit (White Sand and Snow) as my highlight
- Loreal Brow Stylist (Dark Brunette) to line and fill in the tail of the brow
- ABH Brow Powder (medium brown) to fill in the inner corners of the brow
- Loreal Brow Stylist Plumper to set eyebrows
- NYX Liquid Suede cream lipstick (Cherry Skies)
Thank you all again for the love and support, especially to those who have been with me from the very beginning. Thanks for reading, and good luck!XOXO ❤