Happy Tuesday everyone!
How was everyone’s New Year going so far? I took a much needed break after Christmas weekend and didn’t expect to take a super long break! Haha. The week after Xmas and New Year was a crazy one for me. I got sick a couple days before Xmas, and after Xmas the Mister had the flu. So I was playing nurse, and at the same time trying to recover from my cold.
I really did want to put up my first post last week, but I thought I should get my my chores out of the way first before I sit down to blog. Does anyone else get super stressed out when there are tons of chores to be done and you have to get those done first before you can do anything else? Ha! The Mister thinks I’m a crazy woman, but really it’s not my fault that I’m OCD. Haha!
Back to the purpose of this blog post. Today’s post is about my go-to winter makeup look. I usually don’t switch up my makeup look so much on a day to day basis (unless if I am doing a makeup look for the blog, then I would be a bit bold in my choices). During the colder months, I love to wear a heavier foundation and love the matte skin finished, even though I have really dry skin. I just think that a full face makeup looks great in the winter, and I’m all about the lighter foundation and lighter skin during the summer.
I don’t really focus much on my eye look either. On most days, I would just sweep on a matte bronzer on the lids and apply tons of mascara. If I do wear eyeshadow, matte shades are my go-to. For this look, I used the Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye palette. I love that the colors are all matte, and you have your basic neutral shades as well.
Here are the products I used for my winter makeup:
- Before I apply my makeup, I always make sure that my skin is well prep. I used a thicker moisturizer like the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream and tap a little bit of Josie Maran’s Argan Oil on the more drier spots. I usually wait 10 minutes to let my skin absorb the moisture before continue on with the makeup.
- I use two kinds of primer for the face; a hydrating primer and a mattifying primer on my t-zone. Makeup Forever Hydrating Primer is one of my favorite hydrating primers. It does make your skin feel extra hydrated and fresh. As for my t-zone, the Benefit Porefessional is one of the best primer to minimize pores and keep the t-zone oil free.
- My favorite foundation to wear during winter is the Makeup Forever HD foundation (shade 217). It’s not a full matte foundation, but it does have the appearance of a matte finished. Other favorites include the Loreal Infallible Pro Matte, Maybelline Fit Me Matte Poreless foundation, Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. These are great options if you’re looking for a matte finished foundation.
- Since the rest of our face is almost matte, I prefer a lighter coverage concealer for the under eyes. The skin under our eyes are so thin that it is prone to product creasing during the colder months. Maybelline Fit Me concealer is one of the best concealers for the under eye, since it has a lighter consistency.
- If you know me, I love to bake my face especially under the eyes. But during the winter months, a light dusting of translucent powder is all that is needed to set my concealer. I love using the Coty Airspun Translucent Powder.
- Keeping with our matte theme, I love a matte powder to set my foundation. The one I use is MAC Cosmetics Studio Fix powder. Similar cheaper options that I also like are the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, or BH Cosmetics Studio Pro Matte Powder.
- No matter what the occasion is, I always apply bronzer in my makeup routine. My favorite matte bronzer is MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Give Me Sun. Although it is too warm to wear for the winter time, a little bit goes a long way. Other good options are Benefit Hoola Matte Bronzer, NYX Matte Bronzer.
- Some of my favorite blushes to wear during the colder months are by Wet and Wild. Their Color Icon Blush are so stunning and it’s super affordable. Even though it’s not a matte finished, it adds a bit of something something to your skin. The shades that I am obsessed with are Rose Champagne and Apricot in The Middle.
- I love applying some sort of highlight on my cheek bones but I don’t over do it with the highlight in winter. The one I always use and I mentioned it a ton here on the blog is Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Highlight. A similar and cheaper option is the Essence Pure Nude Highlighter.
And as for the rest of my face, I used the same products I already mentioned on here before. Nothing has change except for the products I used on my skin and lip color depending on my mood. In this post, I’m wearing the new NARS Velvet Lip Glide in Bound.
Hope you enjoy this post, and let me know in the comment box what you’ll like to read about on my blog. I am open to suggestions, since ya know sometimes we bloggers to have writer’s block. Haha!
As always thanks for reading and have a good one!XOXO ❤