When it comes to Eid makeup, I usually love the all natural, subtle brown smokey eye look paired with any lip color I was feeling that day. Since I spend Eid in Singapore almost all my life, I try to keep my makeup look as simple as I could, usually just wearing tinted moisturizer or BB cream as my base because of the humidity there. Today, I was inspired to try something different with a full face of makeup and a really sultry, dark smokey eye with nude lips. This look may be too over the top for some, but it’s just a makeup inspiration. You can tweak it to suit your preference.
For this makeup look, I used the Urban Decay Naked 1 palette, and a single eyeshadow from Makeup Geek called Cocoa Bear just to warm up the crease more. I love this palette and kinda miss using it that’s why I had to bust it out again.
Here are the steps:
- Prime your lids with your favorite eye primer.
- Using the shade Naked from the palette, apply this all over your crease and this will be your transition shade.
- With the same brush, dip into the shade Buck and deepened the crease color with it. You probably have to keep adding more to achieve the darkness you want.
- This step, you could directly apply the shade Gunmetal onto your lid as your lid color, but I added a black liner on my lids as my base to intensify that gunmetal color. Make sure to pack the color on your lids to avoid fall out.
- After applying your lid color, with a denser blending brush dip into the shade Buck again and blend out the edges of that lid color. Keep on blending till no harsh lines and all the colors look seamless together.
- I wanted to crease to be a tiny bit warmer, so I added that MUG eyeshadow shade just onto the outer corner of the crease.
- Apply the shade Virgin on your brow bone to tie the look together.
- Next, apply tons of mascara and I did use falsies to keep up with the bold eye. I’m using Ardell Demi Wispies.
- I also apply a thin line of black liner to conceal the falsie band. Stila Waterproof Liner.
- For the lower lash line, repeat the same steps as you did for the main lids. Don’t forget to apply that same brow bone shade Virgin onto the inner corners to make your eyes look more awake. And your done!
For the rest of the face:
- Benefit Porefessional Primer
- Two Faced Born This Way Foundation
- Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer
- Coty Airspun to set concealer and the rest of the face
- MAC Give Me Sun to bronze the skin
- Kat Von D Shade Light palette (middle shade) to contour
- Kat Von D Blush in Wish as blusher
- Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Highlight (01)
- Loreal Brow Stylist definer
- Loreal Brow Gel
- Too Faced Melted Lip in Nude
- ABH Lipgloss in Butterscotch
I hope you like this makeup look. I will be back with another makeup look using the same palette but with a more natural glam look. I can’t believe that Eid is in a few days, so to those celebrating make sure you make these last days of Ramadan count!
Thank you for stopping by everyone and see you in my next post!XOXO ❤